Far too many of us do not pay attention to what we eat. I mean, PROPERLY. Meals can serve as a focus for social activities. Too often we are
- Watching TV
- Doing something else as well
- On the way to somewhere
- Talking to someone
The list goes on.
Can you confidently say that you fully focussed on your meals yesterday?
I can’t. I ate my tea on my lap while watching TV yesterday. The night before, I was talking to my husband AND watching TV. What’s wrong with that?
- You are less likely to notice how much you are eating
- You are more likely to overeat
- You are more likely to eat faster
Meals these days have lost their focus. We are usually too busy with a number of other things to firstly cook proper nutritious food, and second, eat it properly. Whole grains and proteins keep you fuller for longer. High GI carbs make you fuller quicker, but give you a bigger crash, and are more likely to be stored as fat.
- Cook it fresh from scratch
- Sit at a table, don’t do anything else
- When you feel full, stop eating. It’s not a competition to see who ate most, fastest!
- Make sure you have a good balance of protein, vegetables and carbs. The more sedentary your day was, the less carbs you should have
- DO NOT skip breakfast. You are more likely to snack later.
You food fuels your engine, so do not feed it with bad fuel, or it will cost you more, and the engine will wear out faster!